R.C. Patel Institute of Technology, Shirpur intends to mould its students in a global scenario of industry. Institute wants its graduates to be highlighted on the large canvas of technological world of professionals. Undoubtedly, the theoretical as well as practical knowledge of the engineering subjects is essential but it all is in vain unless it is expressed. To have the global exposure to one’s ideas and knowledge it is expected to have command on the global channel of communication. English is known as the world language for business, trade, education, knowledge, etc.
Institute has an objective to enable its students to Listen, Speak, Read and Write in English in the manner of native users of English. According to the location of institute it belongs to the tribal and semi urban area so it’s very obvious that it receives students for engineering course from the same setting. Many of students have got their secondary & higher secondary schooling completed with Marathi medium. They are the first learner generation from their families. Therefore it becomes a challenge for us to bring these students on the threshold of MNCs by equipping them with the communication skills. Institute has been running language lab intensively where students not only learn but also practice English with the very natural method. Here they come and seat as per their spare time and listen the English conversation according to their choice and interest.
Highlights of the language laboratory
- Multimedia Hi-Tech Language Laboratory with the seating capacity of 80 students.
- Modern software designed for learning English language.
- It helps to learn pronunciation, accent, stress and all other aspects of the phonetics of a language.
- Effective communicative training is given through the lab.
- Short-term and long-term coaching classes for international examinations like IELTS, TOEFL and other competitive examinations can be organized.
- Online courses and paperless examinations can be conducted through the language laboratory.