Department of Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering
DTE Choice Code
Prof. Dr. Pramod Jagan Deore
Head of Department
The Department of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering is offering undergraduate programme in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering since 2001. The current intake capacity of the programme is 120. The Department also offers Ph.D. programme in Electronics and Telecommunication with various specializations, such as Signal and Image Processing, Biomedical Engineering, VLSI Design, Communication Systems, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning etc.
The Department is having the state-of-the-art infrastructure, which includes fully air-conditioned class rooms, laboratories. All the classrooms are equipped with modern amenities such as smart boards, LCD projectors, internet access etc. The department has various laboratories like Electronic Circuit Lab, Digital Electronics Lab, Microprocessor and Microcontroller Lab, Embedded System Lab, Advance Communication Lab, IOT Lab, Artificial Intelligence Lab and Machine Learning Lab and Project Lab which have a range of measuring instruments like Logic Analyzer, Spectrum Analyzer, Digital storage oscilloscope, Signal Generators etc. Research center of department is equipped with all the major instruments and computing softwares like MATLAB, SCILAB, Python, IE3D and Petc.
The department has established robotics lab in collaboration with IIT Mumbai and Embedded system lab in collaboration with Wipro Technologies, Pune.
The Department is having highly qualified, experienced and dedicated teaching staff. Most of the faculty from the department are PhD holders.
The department has always remained on the forefront in producing quality engineers who have brought great laurels to the institute, society and nation at large. The department has a tradition of excellent academic results, placement and research. Till date students of the department have secured eleven gold medals and around 80% top ten ranks of the university are secured by the students of the department. Every year more than 90 percent students get placed in the reputed industries.
Salient Features of Department :
- Highly experienced and qualified staff. Most of the staff in the department are with either, PhD qualification or PhD pursuing, with average experience of 10+ years.
- All laboratories are equipped with ergonomically designed furniture and fitted with the latest instruments and equipments.
- ICT Enabled Classrooms and MOODLE Learning Management System for E-content delivery.
- Effective mentoring (Local Guardian) scheme for overall development of students and to give them homely atmosphere.
- ICT enabled platform to supplement the regular class room teaching, MOOCs (like NPTEL, SWAYAM, Coursera), Virtual Labs, Distance learning center of IIT Mumbai and IIT Khargpur.
- E-Yantra Robotics Lab: Academic Collaboration with IIT, Bombay.
- Wipro Technology Lab: Industrial Collaboration lab.
- Design Spark Innovation Lab: RS Component and controls (I), Ltd: Industrial Collaboration lab
- Students Enrichment Program such as Employability Program, Project Based Learning, Alumni Interactions, Expert Lectures, Distance Learning Programs, Add-on Courses, Internships, Soft Skills, Alumni Interactions, Foreign language studies etc
- Provision of full six-month Internship/ Industry project in 8th Semester.
- On-campus Institute innovation center to nurture the start-ups
- Two Major specialization (B Tech Hon.) degree Provision:
- Internet of Things (IOT)
- Artificial intelligence and Machine Learning
- Minor degree provision in Computer Engineering / Mechanical Engineering / Electrical Engineering / Civil Engineering.
- Coursera Programme of Stanford University, USA
- The department is recognized research Center of KBC, North Maharashtra University, Jalgaon and Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Technological University, Lonere for PhD degree. The Department offers Ph.D. programme in Electronics and Telecommunication with various specializations, such as Image Processing, Biomedical Engineering, VLSI Design, Communication Systems, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning etc.
To produce globally competent Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers with a commitment to serve society.
To prepare and transform students from socially and economically diverse backgrounds into highly skilled engineers in the field of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering for a successful professional career.