Department of Mechanical Engineering
Prof. Sarode Pravin Laxmanrao
Head of Department
The Department of Mechanical Engineering has started in year 2004-05. Department of Mechanical Engineering at R C Patel Institute of Technology believes in developing innovative and curious engineers who take a product from an idea to the Application for the realistic world. Department’s focus is to encourage students to groom their skills by doing. In order to achieve this department’s workshops and CAD laboratory were kept open for 24x7 for students. The department has highly qualified and experienced faculty with expertise in the areas of Thermal, Design, Production, and Manufacturing. The Department has a strong culture of project based learning, which is inculcated in the students through the team of enlightened faculty. The department has defined programme outcomes and all the good initiatives are undertaken to facilitate and fulfil the same.
Salient Features of Department :
- A curriculum which contributes to the development and implementation of the technology with its application.
- A laboratory exposure that develops the abilities through interaction.
- A motivated and leading faculty and research network.
- Becoming leader in academia and reside at the frontier of knowledge for the betterment of student and society.
Mechanical Engineering Department strives to produce professionals having sound Technical knowledge with the innovative approach
- To provide state-of-the-art infrastructure to students in order to impart quality education and to make them globally competitive mechanical engineers.
- To enhance the overall academic performance of the students gradually, thereby increasing their placement potential.
- To motivate staff and students for creative thinking, thereby enriching the teaching learning experience and developing the research activity.
- Inculcating human values in students for the betterment of society. And lifelong learning for a long productive career.