Department of Master of Computer Application (MCA)
The Department of Master of Computer Application is offering a post-graduate programme in Computer Application and started in 2023. It is a 2-year full time course with each year divided into two semesters. The current intake capacity of the programme is 120.
Instead only teaching programming and other ideas, the course places a strong emphasis on the development of different applications. The inclusion of projects in each semester enhances students' technical orientation, comprehension of the IT environment, and domain expertise. It creates the ideal framework for students to succeed as software professionals. This places a focus on developing domain knowledge across a range of topics, which will aid students in developing software applications. The students are introduced to system development in the context of information processing, with a focus on software engineering for small and medium computer systems. A strong emphasis is also placed on mobile technology, allowing students to pursue careers in this field. A range of new technologies are included in advanced Internet and Web technology. Soft skills approaches are addressed in each semester, leading to total personality development of the student and assisting them in their placement activities and effectively sustaining in the organization.
Salient Features of the Department :
- Well-equipped Labs with ultra-modern facilities.
- Young, experienced, qualified and highly motivated staff.
- Wi-Fi enabled department.
- ICT enabled teaching learning infrastructure with digitally equipped classrooms.
- Local Guardian System to support individual attention to each student.
- Regular interactions with 'Industry Experts' and 'Alumni'.
- Innovative practices like Project Based Learning.
- MOODLE Learning Management System for E-content delivery.