Constitution of SC/ST Cell:
|Sr.No||Name of the Member||Category||Designation|
|1||Prof. Dr. J. B. Patil||Director||Chairman|
|2||Prof. A. R. Mahire||Assistant Professor, Department of Electrical Engineering||Member|
|3||Prof. N. G. Shinde||Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering||Member|
|4||Prof. V. K. Agham||Assistant Professor, Department of Computer Engineering||Member|
|5||Mr. Nitin R. Deore||Department of Mechanical Enginnering||Student Representative|
|6||Miss. Bhavna V. Dabhade||Department of Mechanical Engineering||Student Representative|
|7||Mr. Piyush S. More||Department of Electrical Engineering||Student Representative|
|8||Miss. Punam N. Pawar||Department of Electrical Engineering||Student Representative|
|9||Mr. Rohit A. Thorat||Department of Computer Engineering||Student Representative|
Objectives of SC/ST Cell:
- To Guide students of SC/ST category of the Institute, to avail the benefits of the various schemes floated by Government and UGC.
- To promote equality and social justice for SC/ST students.
- To monitor the SC/ST students in enhancing their academic performance.
- To assist the SC/ST students in optimizing their development in their personal and social life.
- To help the SC/ST students to integrate with the mainstream of the university community and to remove difficulties, which they may be experiencing.
Functions of SC/ST Cell:
- To provide facility of online Scholarship form filling on Maharashtra state government portal.
- To support student progress in their academic, co-curriculum extra- curriculum by implementing local guardian scheme.
- Development of student by providing quality enhance program i.e. QEEE- Quality Enhancement in Engineering Education in which institute is 'partner' for QEEE which an initiative taken by the Department of Higher Education, Govt. of India and IIT, Madras.
- The institute motivates SC/ST students for achieving higher qualification by providing online resources for the preparation of GATE and competitive examination.
- SC/ST Students are encouraged to obtain foreign and recognized university certification programs through MOOCS.
- To keep minimum drop out the institute conduct remedial and tutorial.
- To provide book bank facility for SC/ST students.
- The institute's social 'E-builder' group through its extension activities contributes and helps poor and needy (SC/ST) children of ashram schools.
- To ensure that at least two meetings per semester should get executed.
- To identify current scheme and information benefited to SC/ST students.
- To make all members aware about current scheme and information and ask them to inform students repsentatives.
- To make follow up of whether members delivered current scheme and information to students repsentatives.
- To communicate the identified information among students of respective department.
- To conduct meetings effectively.
- To take follow up of whether identified information is perculated among the other SC/ST students by student representatives.
- To maintain the register of minutes of meetings.
- To attend the meeting regularly and positively.
- To perculate the information discussed in meetings among other SC/ST students of respective department.
- To inform member regarding any benefited students related to perculated information.
- To discuss issue (if any) related to academics.