The Constitution of Purchase Committee is as follows:
|Name of the Member
|Prof. Dr. J. B. Patil
|Prof. Dr. P. J. Deore
|Prof. S. P. Shukla
|Prof. Dr. Nitin N. Patil
|HOD, Department of Computer Engineering
|Prof. P. L. Sarode
|HOD, Department of Mechanical Engineering
|Prof. Dr. V. S. Patil
|HOD, Department of Electrical Engineering
|Prof. G. V. Tapkire
|HOD, Department of CivilEngineering
|Mr. V. R. Agrawal
Role and Responsibilities of Committee:
- To ensure all relevant documentation is prepared prior to purchase committee meeting.
- To analyse quotations provided by the departments and provide recommendation.
- To ensure that the supplies/services quoted for comply with what was requested.
- To request technical input from relevant staff as required.
- Seek clarification from suppliers/service providers where necessary.
- To ensure proportionality, transparency, accountability and fairness in the procurement process.
- To procure materials economically at a cost consistent with the quality and service required. However, generally all purchases may be attempted at the lowest cost.
- To develop and maintain good buyer-seller relationship.